Shazam Revolutionizes the Super Bowl with More than One Million Giveaways from Leading Brands and an Enhanced Experience for the Game and Halftime Show
Use Shazam while watching the Super Bowl to win cars, get free music downloads, receive gift cards, donate to charity and enter sweepstakes for other giveaways!
New York, NY – February 2, 2011 - Shazam®, the world’s leading media discovery company, today announces that the entire Super Bowl experience – including the ads, the game itself and the halftime show – will incorporate Shazam for TV™ to enable fans to experience more of TV’s biggest sporting event.
People who use Shazam will receive valuable discount offers, free downloads, enter sweepstakes, vote on their favorite ads, participate in game polls, buy music, share their experiences on Facebook and Twitter, and support leading charities.
The Super Bowl joins the “second-screen” mobile revolution as the game, leading advertisers and the halftime show are Shazam-enabled to give viewers a fun and easy way to experience more.
“We are excited that Shazam will be a key feature in one of the biggest television events of 2012. The Super Bowl is an American institution – known not just for the game but for the advertising and superstars performing during the halftime show,” said Andrew Fisher, Shazam CEO. “As the leader in ‘second-screen’ interactive TV experiences, we’re proud that Shazam is woven into the entire broadcast so that people can discover more about the game, the halftime show and the must-see ads – all on their smartphones or tablets.”
Almost half of the Super Bowl TV advertisers will be Shazam-enabled with several Fortune 100 brands choosing Shazam to add interactivity to their ads or sponsor key game elements. When people use Shazam to tag ads from the following brands, they will unlock exciting offers and content.
Shazam-enabled ads include:
- Toyota – the ad will include a sweepstake to win two Camrys – one for you and one for a friend.
- Best Buy – Best Buy's spot will feature two of Shazam's founders. Additionally, Best Buy is running a $50 gift card offer for consumers looking to buy and activate a mobile phone in 2012.
- Cars.com – when viewers use Shazam to tag the ad, Cars.com will donate $1.00 to one of seven charities, up to a maximum $100,000.
- Pepsi – the new ad that features the winner of the X FACTOR – Melanie Amaro performing Otis Redding’s song “Respect” - will invite people to unlock a free video.
- Teleflora – viewers who tag Teleflora’s “Give” ad starring super model Adriana Lima will receive a secret offer.
Plus, a number of other commercials including GE, Relativity’s new Navy SEALs action-thriller, “Act of Valor” and Disney’s upcoming movie “John Carter" will be Shazam-enabled providing great offers and more.
Through a partnership with Bud Light, this year’s Bridgestone Super Bowl Halftime show will be Shazam-enabled. When people use Shazam to tag the performance, they can unlock exclusive content and experience more by the Interscope artists performing.
Whether people are fans of the Patriots or the Giants, Shazam has made it easy for them to get more involved in the Super Bowl. When viewers use Shazam during the game, they can:
- Access up-to-the-minute statistics to keep track of all the key plays and players;
- Participate in polls about the game and ads with other fans;
- Share their experience with their friends on Facebook and Twitter;
- Conveniently purchase merchandise including hats to jerseys and much more from Shazam’s mobile store.
Shazam for TV
Having worked with many leading brands and broadcasters to deliver TV advertising campaigns and TV shows during the last year, Shazam has established itself as the leader in the “second-screen” interactive TV category. Shazam continues to extend the ability to use the app to include selected live performances and television events, including the Super Bowl.
People who already have Shazam on their phones should ensure they have downloaded the latest version of the app for their smartphone or tablet to have an optimum experience while watching the game.
For people who don't yet have the Shazam application on their smartphone, it is available for every major platform and can be found on iTunes App Store, Android Market, Amazon App Store, AT&T’s AppCenter, Verizon VCast app store, Nokia Store, Windows Phone Marketplace, BlackBerry App World, and GetJar.
All partner company names and products are trademarks of their respective owners.
Customer Support Queries:
Use our contact form
Shazam Media Relations
+44 (0) 20 8742 6820
US Media Enquiries:
UK Media Enquiries:
For press/media usage:
The Shazam logos on this page may be used under these guidelines only by press agencies and journalists publishing articles specifically about Shazam and its products and services. No other use of the artwork or any use outside these guidelines is permitted.
- The Shazam logo artwork should never be recreated or altered in any way – the images on this page are sized to allow a minimum "clear" space around the company logo.
- Logos should never be re-colored, skewed or rearranged.
- Always use approved Shazam logo artwork.
- If you are talking about our App, use our Product Application Icon; if you are talking about our company, use our Company Logo.
For all other, non-journalistic usage:
If you wish to use one of our logos for any other purpose, eg: featuring the Shazam App in a marketing campaign, you will need to obtain written permission from Shazam. Please contact email@example.com - we will respond to you within one business day.
Shazam Product Application Icon
Download as EPS and PNG
Shazam Company Logo
Download as EPS and PNG
Shazam Infographic February 2013
Download as JPG
Shazam Timeline, February 2013
Download as JPG