This Sunday’s Billboard Music Awards are Shazam-Enabled with the Music of Performers and Nominees
Music fans can use Shazam to download a free track from seven time Grammy Award winner Usher, from his forthcoming album LOOKING 4 MYSELF, buy the music of performers, and get in the conversation with social media!
Los Angeles – May 18, 2012 - Shazam®, the world’s leading media discovery company today announced that this Sunday’s Billboard Music Awards will be Shazam-enabled to let fans experience more of their favorite artists. When fans use Shazam during the broadcast, they can keep track of the artists performing, instantly buy the music they like and follow the conversation live as it happens on social media. The Billboard Music Awards will be presented Sunday, May 20 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC, live from The MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
Viewers will periodically see an on-air prompt reminding them that they can use Shazam anytime during the live broadcast of the awards ceremony, to:
- Get instant access to the list of nominees in all the major categories – complete with links to iTunes and Amazon, to easily purchase and add to their music library;
- Keep track of the artists performing live ensuring they don’t miss a minute of the action;
- Access an exclusive free remix of Usher’s No. 1 charting lead single, “Climax,” the “Climax (Diplo Remix),” from his highly-anticipated new album “Looking 4 Myself” set for release June 12 on RCA Records. The download is available courtesy of the Sony Tablet. For more information regarding Usher visit www.usherworld.com.
- Get in the conversation with live social media feeds from Billboard insiders and other celebrities as well as the general public.
”This Sunday’s Billboard Music Awards is another exciting milestone for Shazam and we are thrilled to work with Billboard and ABC on one of their most popular music programs of the year,” said David Jones, Shazam’s EVP Marketing. “This gives music fans a fantastic opportunity to truly have a deeper, more meaningful engagement with the event as well as the artists they love and share their experience in a live social environment.”
Shazam recently announced the industry’s fastest unlimited tagging for iOS and Android devices. The Shazam App also includes other unique features such as LyricPlay streaming lyrics in time with the music as well as Shazam Friends social sharing and artist information.
For people who don't yet have the Shazam application on their smartphone, it is available for every major platform and can be found on iTunes App Store, Google play, Amazon App Store, AT&T’s AppCenter, Verizon VCast app store, Nokia Store, Windows Phone Marketplace, BlackBerry App World, and GetJar.
Customer Support Queries:
Use our contact form
Shazam Media Relations
+44 (0) 20 8742 6820
US Media Enquiries:
UK Media Enquiries:
For press/media usage:
The Shazam logos on this page may be used under these guidelines only by press agencies and journalists publishing articles specifically about Shazam and its products and services. No other use of the artwork or any use outside these guidelines is permitted.
- The Shazam logo artwork should never be recreated or altered in any way – the images on this page are sized to allow a minimum "clear" space around the company logo.
- Logos should never be re-colored, skewed or rearranged.
- Always use approved Shazam logo artwork.
- If you are talking about our App, use our Product Application Icon; if you are talking about our company, use our Company Logo.
For all other, non-journalistic usage:
If you wish to use one of our logos for any other purpose, eg: featuring the Shazam App in a marketing campaign, you will need to obtain written permission from Shazam. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - we will respond to you within one business day.
Shazam Product Application Icon
Download as EPS and PNG
Shazam Company Logo
Download as EPS and PNG
Shazam Infographic February 2013
Download as JPG
Shazam Timeline, February 2013
Download as JPG